The Lost Food Project is a not-for-profit organisation run by volunteers. Help us to deliver more food to more people.
EDUCATION – Visiting schools, working with visiting schools, doing talks, handing out quizzes – we are keen to educate and inspire the younger generation in reducing food waste and feeding the needy.
FEEDING THE NEEDY – our charity teams and food procurement teams work tirelessly on finding and vetting the most vulnerable in society and trying to match them with the closest food donor. On the ground sorting and delivery is also needed from time to time.
REDUCING FOOD WASTE – working together with food manufacturers, retailers, famers, wholesale markets and even with the government, we are trying all avenues to reduce food waste, including engaging and educating the consumers.
We always need volunteer specialist skills such as logistics, food safety, fundraising, marketing, events, communications, digital media – we would love to hear from you. Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or consider joining our mailing list below.
- www.msri.org.my (feeding 225 kids 5x/week)
- Alliance of Chin Refugees - Facebook (feeding 250 kids 5x/week)
- www.wao.org.my (feeding 30 women and kids 3x/day)
- Lighthouse Children Welfare Home Association, Kuala Lumpur ... (feeding 65 kids 3x/day)
- Institut Onn Ja'afar (IOJ) (feeding 1,000 mouths a month)
- pertiwi.org.my (feeding 2,600 per week)
- http://www.kechara.com/soup-kitchen/ (feeding 2,500 per week)
- www.ideasacademy.org.my (feeding 125 kids 5x/week)
- <http://www.unhcr.org.my/default.aspx (ad hoc for urgent needs)
- positivelivingcommunityorg.wordpress.com (feeding 100 people 3x/day)
- ww.facebook.com/PusatTransitGelandanganKL (ad hoc as needed)