The Lost Food Project is almost entirely run by volunteers. You could help us with the vital and rewarding task of recruiting, supporting and engaging volunteers so that we can continue with our mission.
The tasks of someone working in volunteer engagement are varied and include planning volunteer recruitment
events, responding to volunteer enquiries and applications, assisting with the orientation programme for new volunteers, scheduling volunteer activities, updating the volunteer database, supporting current volunteers by ensuring they are happy in their roles and have the necessary training,
helping to create and send volunteer newsletters.
For this you should be:
- passionate about reducing food waste and eliminating food poverty
- good with people and able to build relationships across a diverse range of people
- comfortable talking to small groups of people
- comfortable with emailing, Microsoft Word and Excel
- able to use your initiative
- responsive and a team player
- available during weekdays